“The biggest challenge facing healthcare in the US is our misguided perception that the body, mind, and spirit are separate things. This misconception affects everything we do in western medicine. In order for us to find the solutions we seek in healthcare we must be willing to open our minds to ideas not thought of before. Therefore we must begin to read books that are ‘outside’ the scope of traditional western medicine.” Nancy Gordon, Ph.D.
Please find below a list of recommended reading on healthcare and the importance of the mind, body and spirit connection.
Joan Borysenko, Ph.D. (www.joanborysenko.com)
- Minding the Body, Mending the Mind
- The Power of the Mind to Heal
Deepak Chopra, M.D. (www.deepakchopra.com)
- Ageless Body, Timeless Mind
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
- The Unconscious Universe
Larry Dossey, M.D. (www.dosseydossey.com)
- Beyond Illness
- Healing Words: The Power of Prayer and the Practice of Medicine
- Meaning and Medicine
- Recovering the Soul
- Space, Time and Medicine
- Reinventing Medicine
Wayne Dyer (www.drwaynedyer.com)
- Manifest Your Destiny
- Pulling Your Own Strings
- Real Magic
- There is a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem
- Wisdom of the Ages
- You Will See It When You Believe It
- Change Your Thoughts: Change Your Life
- Your Sacred Self
Richard Gerber, M.D.
- Vibrational Medicine for the 21st Century
- Vibrational Medicine: New Choices for Healing Ourselves
- Power vs Force—David Hawkins, M.D.
- Heal Your Body—Louise Hay
- Infinite Mind: Science of Human Vibrations of Consciousness—Valerie Hunt, Ph.D.
- Biology of Belief—Bruce Lipton, Ph.D.
- Molecules of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine—Candace Pert, Ph.D.
- Your Body Speaks Your Mind: How Your Thoughts and Emotions Affect Your Health—Debbie Shapiro
- Love, Medicine and Miracles: Lessons Learned About Self-Healing from a Surgeon’s Experience with Exceptional Patients—Bernie Siegal, M.D.
- The Healing Journey—Carl Simonton, M.D.
- Spontaneous Healing: How to Discover and Enhance Your Body’s Natural Ability to Maintain and Heal Itself—Andrew Weil, M.D.
- Where You Go, There You Are—Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics—Gary Zukov